With summer upon us, may I suggest taking a gander at what I believe to be the best menus offered in Sarasota right now. Some are for eating, some are for drinking … and one is for mitigating all the sunshiny indulgence.
1) The Table beer pairing — Sure, you know The Table Creekside from those piping hot (and surely crack-filled) Yuca Mozzarella Rolls, but did you know The Table has a summer-only beer pairing menu? Well, now you do.
Here’s how it works: Walk in, sit down (request outside seating so you can watch the marine life) and order the “Beer Pairing Menu.” Then sit back and enjoy a four-course dinner prepared to match the complex flavors of American craft brews. It’s pretty special and the menu changes every week, so you won’t get the same dinner (or beer) twice. The menu is offered every Monday through Thursday during the summer. Wanna know how much it will cost you? Wait for it … wait for it … $35! Go. Next time you see me you will give me a hug for telling you about it.
2) Edible Sarasota at Shamrock — Shamrock is home to dozens of craft beers, and every Tuesday night it’s filled to the brim with beer enthusiasts pining to try a barbecue-beer pairing from one of Sarasota’s top chefs. Just 15 smackers will get you beer tastings and amazing, one-of-a-kind food from the grill. This event is unique and only happens for a limited time. Our friends at Edible Sarasota magazine sponsor it, so like them on Facebook to learn about other awesome food events.
3) Pangea’s drink menu — This is arguably the best drink menu on the Gulf Coast. Brad Coburn pours his drink-loving soul into each masterfully concocted cocktail, and as of Monday he has introduced his summer menu. The Pangea bar looks like an apothecary, filled with tinctures and flavors unique only to the shotgun bar. Brad matches the menu to the season with perfect fresh flavors such as cucumber, mint, melon and coconut, all to help combat the heat of Sarasota summers. The mojito is hot on my list right now. Pangea’s uses the traditional recipe, only with homemade mint cotton candy (yes, they make it in house) on top.
4) Sip of the season at Whole Foods — Fine, I have no pride, and I’ll tell you why in a second — but first let me suggest heading to the juice bar at Whole Foods for a Mindful Mojito. Cucumbers, apples and pineapples blended with fresh mint make up one of Sarasota’s healthiest drinks on Whole Foods’ ever-changing juice menu. Now, as for my pride? This healthy cocktail gets a little better when you order two, put them in a cooler and add rum to them at the beach. Do it. It will make your summer better.
5) SoCo Sports — Our community has embraced Steve Staley’s vision for fitness. The SoCo “Sport and Social Club” offers its own menu filled to the brim with indoor and outdoor sports such as dodgeball, softball and the ever-popular beach volleyball. You don’t need to be experienced to play. Just show up and have fun. Registration is happening right now, so get signed up and have fun in our sunny city on the bay!